Our Courtesy System This is a tool we use to help us be pleasant, kind and careful with our communication.
- Speak very politely using a person’s name, ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ as a minimum.
- When you talk about a person who is not present, use the person’s name and speak as if they are listening to your conversation.
- If you have a problem with someone, talk about the problem only with them and in private.
- Apologise and make restitution if someone is upset by your actions.
- Greet and farewell everyone by name, with eye contact and full attention.
- Blame a system, not a person.
- Tell the truth!
- Use positive conversation.
- Express your appreciation.